Wednesday, January 10, 2007

RESULT!

Wow! Not only did I arrive home last night to find my clothes quietly waiting to be removed from the washing machine and hung on the drying rack, there was no water trying to seep out onto the bathroom floor.

With great relief about laundry matters, I headed next door to watch Arsenal's Carling Cup match against Arsenal (second match at Anfield in 4 days), pausing briefly to chat with sis on the mobile.

I wasn't halfway through my pils when the bartender pushed a half of guinness in my direction, saying that it was a mistake and would go to waste if I didn't drink it. Not one to try and waste guinness, I quickly finished my pils, had the half, then ordered another pils, just in time for match kick off.

Check soccernet or Arsenal's official website for the write up of the match, or catch the replay on FSC or whatever satellite channel might show football: the match was simply incredible. The Carling Cup is usually where Arsenal allow their younger players to get a chance at first team play. For a moment, I was trying to identify all of the newbies, all of whom looked about 21 at most. Then, I simply became mesmorized by their style of play.

Four goals in the first half, two more in the second, and that was just what Arsenal scored. True, Liverpool scored three, two of which were pretty impressive. Overall, the game just went on at a superfast pace, which is why I continue to be such a fan of football, particularly Arsenal.

The work is piling up, so I'll gush about football later. Away at Blackburn this Saturday, and home to ManU Sunday week. I'm in Colchester myself next week, so I might just see if I can round up a ticket and stay in the match. OK, I can dream.

Thanks to Heather for being the first person other than T-Com or Volksbank to send me mail. Nice house. I always liked that one when I drove around the neighborhood.

cheers
bryan

No comments: