Wednesday, January 23, 2008

El loco de la calle

I was sitting on the train last night listening to some Spanish rock and roll, probably with a goofy expression on my face, and suddenly, I realized that I was smiling. I thought to myself, "You know, Bryan, today was a pretty good day."

The incident is worthy of a blog post simply because I honestly can't remember the last time I smiled at work.

Truth be told, it felt pretty fucking good.

2007 for me pretty much ended in shambles: work stayed crazy, and I was completely unable to enjoy myself during my two week "vacation" to Spain. Everything caught up with me in Valencia, and I spent a good portion of my time at Lynne and Fran's sick in bed, or at least unable to get out and do much.

It was certainly unfortunate, and no one feels more sorry than I that it wasn't the most brilliant of holidays. Lynne, Fran, and Daniel were fine, of course, but I certainly put a damper on things.

There were a few decent moments, which I'll touch on in a future post.

Up until yesterday, 2008 was looking pretty shitty, but a few things have clicked, and, while I'm quite sure that it's not all about to turn into an easy ride, I think I might have seen a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm just taking it a step at a time.

I have recently learned a couple of new things in German, which has enabled me to speak a little less like a bozo, and that's a really good thing, cos' sometimes I think I'm starting to forget English.

Friends are coming and going here in Frankfurt, and it's a little interesting how my relationships seem to be going up and down.

I'll skip that drama for now; there's no need to spoil my mood.

keep the faith
bryan

soundtrack
Alkaline Trio - Fine Without You
Alkaline Trio - Don't Say You Won't
El Ultimo de la Fila - Dulces sueƱos

No comments: